To make this salad super colorful, use a mix of yellow and white nectarines and yellow and red cherry tomatoes.
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 2 small shallots, cut into thin rings
- 1 large nectarine, cut into chunks
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 tsp. fresh tarragon leaves
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 cups watercress leaves and small, tender stems
- 2 nectarines, halved and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved (1 cup)
- 1/2 small cucumber, halved and sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted pecans, for sprinkling
1. To make Dressing: pour vinegar over shallots in small bowl; let stand 10 minutes.
2. Place nectarine, oil, tarragon, salt, and pepper in blender. Drain vinegar into blender; reserve shallots. Purée nectarine-vinegar mixture in blender until smooth; season with salt and pepper, if desired.
3. To make Salad: Toss together watercress, nectarines, tomatoes, cucumber, and reserved shallots in large bowl. Drizzle with Dressing, and toss to coat. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Calories: 180
- Carbohydrate Content: 18 g
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 307 mg
- Sugar Content: 13 g