This salad with its tri-colored potato mixture lends itself to an unusual presentation. Try placing portions in cup-shaped red cabbage leaves or radicchio leaves, or select unusual serving bowls.
- 1/2 lb. new potatoes, mixture of Yukon gold, Peruvian purple and white
- 1 3/4 cups chickpeas
- 1 cup (4 oz.) sliced leeks, about 2 medium, including green ends
- 1 cup (4 oz.) diced fennel bulb
- 2 Tbs. raisins
- 1/3 cup soy mayonnaise
- 1 Tbs. lime juice
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
Scrub potatoes, and place in pot of water to cover. Bring to a boil over medium heat, and cook potatoes until tender. Remove from heat, drain, and, when cool enough to handle, cut into eighths.
Place chickpeas, leeks and diced fennel bulb in large bowl. Add potatoes and raisins.
Combine soy mayonnaise, lime juice, garlic and thyme leaves, and stir until well combined. Pour over vegetables, and toss to cover well. Season with salt and pepper, and serve.
- Calories: 210
- Carbohydrate Content: 34 g
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 10 g
- Sodium Content: 95 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g