When she's not teaching or traveling, Mary Shivers, who received honorable mention in VT's 2009 Reader Recipe Contest for this recipe, loves to experiment with new recipes on her farm near Ada, Okla.
- 4 medium baked potatoes, cooled and cut in half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup Eden Organic Safflower Oil
- 1/4 cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Corn Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. Simply Organic Garlic N Herb Seasoning
- 4 large avocados, peeled and finely diced
- 1 14.5-oz. can Eden Organic Diced Tomatoes with Roasted Onion, drained
- 1/3 cup Bob's Red Mill Walnut Baker's Pieces
- 1 tsp. Simply Organic Cilantro
- 1/4 tsp. Simply Organic Paprika
- 1/2 tsp. Simply Organic All-Seasons Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Simply Organic Veggie Pepper
- 1/8 tsp. Simply Organic Cayenne
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Scoop out centers of potato halves, leaving 1/4-inch thickness near skins. Liberally brush both sides of skins with oil. Dust skin sides with corn flour. Place in single layer, skin-sides down, on baking sheet. Sprinkle insides evenly with garlic-herb seasoning. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
2. Meanwhile, toss together avocados, diced tomatoes, and walnuts in large bowl. Sprinkle with cilantro, paprika, seasoned salt, pepper, and cayenne, and toss to coat.
3. To serve: divide avocado mixture among potato halves.
- Calories: 153
- Carbohydrate Content: 12 g
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 40 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g