30 minutes or lessStart the meal with a light salad and conclude with a comforting vanilla or chocolate pudding.
- 6 oz. fresh angel hair pasta
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plus 4 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
- 1/3 cup low-fat milk or unflavored soymilk
- 1 1/2 large zucchini, grated
- 2 Tbs. oil, or more as needed
- 4 oz. shredded carrots for garnish
Bring large pot of lightly salted water to a boil, and cook pasta 2 to 3 minutes, or until al dente. Remove from heat, drain and rinse under cold water.
Combine eggs, 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese and milk in small mixing bowl, and beat until well blended. Stir in grated zucchini, setting aside 1/2 cup zucchini for garnish. Season with salt and pepper. Stir noodles into egg mixture to coat strands.
Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. When hot, using tongs or two spoons, place small pancake-size portion of egg-noodle mixture into hot oil, adding extra “pancakes” to skillet but avoiding overcrowding. Cook on bottoms until golden, 2 to 4 minutes. Using spatula, flip pancakes over and brown second side. Remove from skillet, place on individual plates and repeat with remaining mixture until used up.
To serve, garnish each pancake with shredded carrots, grated zucchini and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Calories: 350
- Carbohydrate Content: 32 g
- Cholesterol Content: 205 mg
- Fat Content: 17 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 18 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 360 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g