Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Warm up on a chilly evening with a nourishing noodle dish that’s loaded with steamed vegetables. Feel free to substitute any veggies you have on hand in place of one or all that are used in this recipe. To have enough to make Fast Pho the next day, reserve half of the prepared ingredients (6 cups vegetables, 2 cups noodles, 3/4 cup cubed tofu, and 3/8 cup Sesame Dipping Sauce).
1. To make Sesame Dipping Sauce: Blend all ingredients in blender until smooth. Set aside.
2. To make Noodles and Vegetables: Set steamer rack in large skillet, and add 1 cup water to bottom of skillet. Bring water to boil over high heat. Arrange bok choy on rack, reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and steam bok choy 1 minute. Add carrots, snow peas, and tofu to rack, and steam 2 minutes more.
3. Meanwhile, bring large pot of water to a boil. Cook rice noodles in boiling water 3 minutes. Remove noodles from cooking water with fork or tongs (this helps prevent them from sticking together), and divide among 6 bowls. Divide vegetables and tofu among bowls, arranging around noodles. Sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds. Divide Sesame Dipping Sauce among bowls (2 Tbs. per serving), and serve with noodles. Dip vegetables, tofu, and noodles into sauce while eating.
- Calories 293
- Carbohydrate Content 50 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 613 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g