Nourishing Golden Milk Latte
This traditional Ayurvedic recipe, with turmeric and other herbs, has been enjoyed for centuries
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
This traditional Ayurvedic recipe, with turmeric and other herbs, has been enjoyed for centuries. Delicious and nourishing, this golden milk latte is a convenient modern spin on a revered ancient drink.
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk, well blended
- 1 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp honey, or more to taste
- 1 tsp ghee
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Combine milk, water, ginger, honey ghee, turmeric, cinnamon and black better in a small saucepan. Whisk over medium heat until boiling, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat. Strain out fresh ginger and serve immediately.