Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Watch dinner guests’ eyes light up when you bring out this baked beauty.
1. To make Crust: Pulse flours, cornstarch, sugar, and salt in food processor to combine. Add margarine, and process until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add 1/2 cup cold water, and process until dough forms. Add water 1 Tbs. at a time, if necessary. Wrap in plastic wrap; chill 1 hour.
2. To make Filling: Toss apple wedges, raisins, dried apricots (if using), lemon juice, brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and salt in large bowl. Set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 450°F. Shape two-thirds of dough into flat round. Roll out to 14-inch diameter circle on floured work surface. Press into 9-inch pie dish, letting excess hang over edges. Prick bottom with fork. Mound Filling in pie. Roll out remaining dough into 9-inch circle, place over Filling, and fold excess dough over top, crimping edges to seal. Brush top with water, and sprinkle with turbinado sugar, if using. Poke small hole in center of pie, and set on baking sheet. Place pie in oven; reduce heat to 350°F. Bake 60 to 80 minutes, or until golden.
- Calories 289
- Carbohydrate Content 49 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 201 mg
- Sugar Content 14 g