This easy recipe lends itself to endless variations. In place of fresh basil, try 1/4 cup chopped cilantro or parsley, 2 Tbs. chopped fresh tarragon, or 1 Tbs. finely minced fresh rosemary or oregano.
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbs.)
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 8 oz. fusilli pasta
- 2 small yellow squash, halved and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 oz. small broccoli florets (3 cups)
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup torn fresh basil leaves
1. Combine oil, garlic, and lemon zest in small bowl. Set aside.
2. Cook pasta in large pot of boiling, salted water according to package directions. Add squash and bell pepper 4 minutes before end of cooking time. Add broccoli 3 minutes before end of cooking time. Drain pasta and vegetables, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water.
3. Return pasta mixture to pot, and stir in tomatoes, green onions, basil, oil mixture, and reserved cooking water. Heat over medium-low heat until tomatoes are hot. Serve with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Calories: 346
- Carbohydrate Content: 52 g
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 112 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g