Sometimes the first tomatoes of the season need a little help in the taste area—and that’s where these open-face sandwiches come in. The blended yogurt-basil sauce adds just the right tang while a quick trip under the broiler helps concentrate the tomatoes’ natural juices.
- 1 1/2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 1/2 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced (about 1 tsp.)
- 3 Tbs. nonfat plain yogurt
- 4 English muffins, split
- 1 large ripe tomato, thinly sliced
1. Blend basil, Parmesan cheese, olive oil and garlic in food processor or blender until well combined. Add yogurt, and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Preheat broiler. Place muffins on baking sheet. Broil 1 to 2 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Spread each half with basil mixture, and top with several tomato slices. Broil 1 to 2 minutes, or until heated through.
- Calories: 203
- Carbohydrate Content: 29 g
- Cholesterol Content: 2 mg
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 354 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g