Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Brown rice flour, vegan margarine, orange zest, and vanilla come together to make a crunchy-sweet topping for a fruity winter dessert.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 9-inch-square baking pan with cooking spray.
2. Cut ends from oranges. Stand 1 orange on cutting board, and slice away peeland pith. Cut orange into quarters; cut quarters into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Repeat with remaining oranges, and transfer to bowl. Stir apricots, currants, and candied ginger into oranges. Spread mixture in prepared baking pan.
3. Stir together brown rice flour, sugar, orange zest, and salt in bowl. Rub margarine and vanilla into rice flour mixture with fingers until combined and mixture forms large crumbs. Spread crumb mixture over orange mixture.
4. Bake 30 to 40 minutes, or until top of Crisp is golden brown. Cool 10 minutes; serve warm.
- Calories 64
- Carbohydrate Content 16 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 1 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 1 mg
- Sugar Content 11 g