This light, bright pasta salad is ideal for party buffets because the small orzo pasta is easy to eat with a fork or spoon. Feel free to add your favorite cheeses and veggies; just be sure to cut them small so that they blend in with the pasta.
- 1 3/4 cup orzo
- 1 small red or white onion, finely chopped (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 12 oz. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 oz. fresh mini mozzarella balls, drained and halved
- 1/2 lb. snow peas, cut on diagonal into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup grated carrots
1 Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain, and rinse under cold water to cool and prevent from sticking.
2 Meanwhile, stir together onion, oil, and lemon juice in small bowl. Set aside.
3 Transfer orzo to large bowl, and stir in onion mixture and parsley. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Fold in cherry tomatoes, mozzarella-ball halves, snow peas, and carrots. Before serving, check seasoning and add more lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper, if necessary.
- Calories: 370
- Carbohydrate Content: 35 g
- Cholesterol Content: 23 mg
- Fat Content: 21 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6 g
- Sodium Content: 34 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g