Serve this comforting dish in individual bowls for an extra homey touch after a stressful day.
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown lentils, or 1 15-oz. can lentils, rinsed and drained
- 6 oz. dry orzo pasta (3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup crumbled low-fat feta cheese
Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, and sauté 5 minutes, or until softened. Stir in lentils, orzo, and 1 1/2 cups water. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Cover, and cook 10 to 12 minutes, or until orzo is tender, and all water is absorbed. Divide among serving bowls, and sprinkle each serving with 2 Tbs. feta.
- Calories: 326
- Carbohydrate Content: 53 g
- Cholesterol Content: 7 mg
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 17 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 426 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g