When reader Margie Coloian, of Johnston, R.I., experimented with going veg earlier this year, she turned to this satisfying pasta salad over and over. She suggests serving it as a side dish at dinner, or packing for lunch (no microwave necessary).
- 2 Tbs. white balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 1/2 cup uncooked orzo
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, chopped
- 2 Tbs. fresh parsley, chopped
1. To make Dressing: whisk together vinegar, oil, and garlic in small bowl, and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
2. To make Salad: cook orzo according to package directions; drain, rinse with cold water, and drain again.
3. Combine orzo with tomato, onion, feta, bell pepper, cranberries, walnuts, olives, and parsley in medium bowl. Add Dressing, and toss to combine. Serve at room temperature.
- Calories: 254
- Carbohydrate Content: 29 g
- Cholesterol Content: 11 mg
- Fat Content: 13 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 269 mg
- Sugar Content: 10 g