Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
When reader Margie Coloian, of Johnston, R.I., experimented with going veg earlier this year, she turned to this satisfying pasta salad over and over. She suggests serving it as a side dish at dinner, or packing for lunch (no microwave necessary).
1. To make Dressing: whisk together vinegar, oil, and garlic in small bowl, and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
2. To make Salad: cook orzo according to package directions; drain, rinse with cold water, and drain again.
3. Combine orzo with tomato, onion, feta, bell pepper, cranberries, walnuts, olives, and parsley in medium bowl. Add Dressing, and toss to combine. Serve at room temperature.
- Calories 254
- Carbohydrate Content 29 g
- Cholesterol Content 11 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 269 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g