Colorful, crisp sweet potato chips create a flavorful and low-fat substitute for the more familiar fried white potato chips.
- 1 tsp. fine-grained sea salt
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground cayenne
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes, scrubbed and peeled, if desired
- 1 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 250F.
Combine salt and spices in mixing bowl.
Slice sweet potatoes paper-thin and toss lightly with oil. Toss potatoes with spice mixture until evenly coated. Arrange potatoes on wire grates sprayed with nonstick vegetable spray or on baking sheets fitted with parchment paper.
Bake for 2 hours, then turn off oven and let potatoes dry for 2 more hours or overnight. Alternately, dehydrate sweet potato slices in dehydrator according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Calories: 110
- Carbohydrate Content: 18 g
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 590 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g