30 minutes or fewer These meal-in-one packet entrées are a snap to prepare and leave no pots or pans to clean up. Serve with crusty bread for sopping up the vegetables savory juices.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
30 minutes or fewer
These meal-in-one packet entrées are a snap to prepare and leave no pots or pans to clean up. Serve with crusty bread for sopping up the vegetables savory juices.
- 1 lb. asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 4-inch lengths (about 16 spears)
- 12 oz. small new red potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (about 10 potatoes)
- 2 medium-size zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 8 oz. baby carrots
- 1 1/4 cups grape tomatoes
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 5 Tbs. plus 1 tsp. prepared pesto
- 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. hot pepper sauce, such as Tabasco
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (4 oz.)
Place large baking sheet in oven, and preheat to 450F. Cut 4 20-inch sheets of heavy-duty foil. Combine all ingredients except cheese in large bowl. Toss to coat, and season with salt and pepper.
Divide vegetable mixture among foil sheets. Sprinkle cheese over top. Fold foil over, and crimp edges to seal.
Arrange packets in single layer on heated baking sheet. Reduce oven to 400F. Bake 20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. (Pierce packet with knife to test veggies.) Let stand 5 minutes.
To serve: Place packets on plates, slit tops, and fold back foil.
- Calories 291
- Carbohydrate Content 32 g
- Cholesterol Content 23 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 554 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g