This play on seafood ceviche can be served in martini glasses with plantain chips, or prepared as a passed appetizer in ceramic Asian spoons.
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. oyster mushrooms, trimmed and pulled apart into small pieces
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced (1 cup)
- 6 hearts of palm, halved and sliced
- 1 avocado, finely diced (1 cup)
- ¼ cup finely diced red onion
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbs. lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
1 Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high. Add mushrooms, and season with salt, if desired. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until mushrooms are darker and smaller in size, stirring occasionally.
2 Transfer mushrooms to bowl, and stir in remaining ingredients. Chill 1 hour or overnight before serving.
- Serving Size: per 1/4-cup serving
- Calories: 112
- Carbohydrate Content: 16 g
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 118 mg
- Sugar Content: 8 g