Cauliflower, like paprika, is frequently undervalued in home kitchens. What better way to highlight them both than with this simple dish. Try topping with fresh tomatoes, chopped black olives, and some low-fat Parmesan cheese.
- 1 head cauliflower (2 lb.), cut into bite-size florets
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 Tbs. sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. fine sea salt
- 1 small red onion, diced (1 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 4 pita bread rounds, halved and warmed
Steam cauliflower 7 to 9 minutes, or until tender.
Heat oil, paprika, pepper, and salt in nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, 2 minutes, or until fragrant, stirring constantly. Add onion and garlic, and sauté 2 minutes more. Stir in broth and cauliflower, and simmer 3 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in lemon juice. Serve with pita halves.
- Calories: 318
- Carbohydrate Content: 46 g
- Fat Content: 11.5 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1.5 g
- Sodium Content: 663 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g