This sampling of breadsticks, nuts, and fresh and dried fruits showcases the complex flavors of Parmesan cheese.
- 4 oz. grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 oz. good-quality Parmesan cheese broken into small chunks
- 1 3-oz. box grissini (crispy breadsticks)
- 2 pears, each cored and cut into 8 wedges
- 2 medium-tart apples, each cored and cut into 8 wedges
- 6 dried figs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 8 dried apricots, halved
- 1 cup celery sticks
- 1 cup toasted whole hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
1. To make Crisps: Preheat oven to 325°F, and line baking sheet with silicone baking mat. Spread tablespoonfuls of grated cheese into thin circles on baking mat. Bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until cheese has stopped bubbling, looks dry, and begins to brown. Cool on baking mat, then remove with spatula.
2. To assemble Platter: Arrange Parmesan Crisps and all other ingredients on large platter. Provide toothpicks, and encourage guests to try chunks of cheese with different items when tasting wine.
- Calories: 20
- Carbohydrate Content: 0.5 g
- Cholesterol Content: 4 mg
- Fat Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 72 mg
- Sugar Content: 0.5 g