This satisfying salad makes the most of the flavor of parsley and green onions. It works as well with large, chewy grains such as spelt, farro, or wheat berries.
- 1 cup Israeli couscous
- 1 small cucumber, seeded and diced (1 cup)
- 8 green onions, finely chopped (1 cup)
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
1. Cook Israeli couscous according to package directions. Drain, and rinse under cold water. Drain again.
2. Transfer couscous to large bowl, and stir in remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Let stand at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Calories: 221
- Carbohydrate Content: 33 g
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 9 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g