One of the great things about pasta salads is that anything goes. Got half a can of artichoke hearts or chickpeas in the fridge? What about a lonely roasted pepper left in the jar? Toss them in this basic salad recipe.
- 4 oz. dry farfalle pasta (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 6 large green olives (preferably garlic-stuffed), halved
- 1 Tbs. capers, rinsed and drained
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp. olive oil
Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse under cold water and drain well. Toss with tomatoes in medium bowl.
Pulse olives, capers, garlic and basil in food processor until coarsely chopped. Add olive mixture and olive oil to pasta, and mix well. Season with salt and pepper, and refrigerate until ready to eat.
- Calories: 263
- Carbohydrate Content: 47 g
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 593 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g