This tangy rendition of a classic pasta salad is high in protein and great taste. It doubles beautifully and makes a terrific lunch the next day. Serve it in hollowed-out yellow and/or red tomatoes for a lovely presentation.
- 10 oz. small dried pasta shapes, such as twists or small shells
- 8-oz. pkg. baked marinated tofu (any flavor), finely diced
- 2 large stalks celery, finely diced
- 2 medium scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup soy mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chopped black olives
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
MEAL PLAN: While the pasta is cooking, boil some fresh corn on the cob to accompany the salad. Also, prepare a platter of crunchy carrot sticks and sliced radishes and strips of green or red bell peppers.
Bring large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta; stir to prevent sticking. Cook according to package directions until just tender. Drain, rinse under cold running water until cool, then drain again. Transfer to large serving bowl.
Add remaining ingredients and toss gently to combine. Cover and chill until needed or serve right away.
- Calories: 179
- Carbohydrate Content: 20 g
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 248 mg