Lightly wilted arugula lends a fresh, green, peppery flavor to this quick pasta recipe. The dish is a great way to use up bunches of arugula that are slightly wilted or just past their prime.
- 1/2 lb. curly pasta, such as cavatappi
- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 oz. strong blue cheese, such as Point Reyes or Danish Blue, plus more for garnish (optional)
- 3 cups arugula, divided
- 6 dried figs, chopped (1/3 cup)
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted walnuts or pistachios
- 1/4 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
1 Cook pasta according to package directions.
2 Meanwhile, blend cottage cheese and blue cheese in food processor until creamy. Add 2 cups arugula, and blend until smooth.
3 Drain pasta, and reserve 1 cup cooking water.
4 Return pasta to pot, and stir in blue cheese sauce and ¾ cup to 1 cup reserved cooking water. Fold in figs, remaining 1 cup arugula, walnuts, and pepper, and season with salt, if desired.
- Calories: 384
- Carbohydrate Content: 55 g
- Cholesterol Content: 13 mg
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 286 mg
- Sugar Content: 11 g