Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Comfy and satisfying, this recipe is a hit at my home. I like to serve it in wide, shallow bowls so we get all the delicious cooking broth. If you prefer a dish that is less juicy, drain more of the liquid off the beans. A pair of kitchen shears makes cutting the chard quick and easy. You can also substitute fresh spinach for the chard.
1. Bring large pot of lightly salted water to a boil over medium heat. Add pasta, stirring to prevent sticking, and cook according to package directions, until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil from sun-dried tomatoes in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook, stirring, 1 minute.
3. Add sun-dried tomatoes and Swiss chard; mix well. Cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes. Add 1 can of beans with liquid. Drain remaining can of beans; rinse beans, and add to pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper.
4. Drain pasta, and transfer to serving dishes; top with bean mixture, and serve.
- Calories 591
- Carbohydrate Content 104 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 19 g
- Protein Content 27 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 239 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g