Both cinnamon and lemon juice underscore the peach flavors for this layered dessert. You may share by slicing the pizza pie into quarters. If you cannot find a premade pizza crust, use your favorite large pita bread instead.
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 medium-sized peaches, unpeeled and sliced
- 1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup candied lemon peel
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. butter or soy margarine
- 1 8-inch premade, round pizza crust
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced almonds
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
Preheat oven to 450F. Line pizza pan or baking sheet with foil.
Place brown sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon in mixing bowl, and stir to combine. Add peaches, and stir to coat slices with mixture. Set aside.
Place ricotta cheese in separate mixing bowl, and beat in sugar, lemon peel and vanilla extract. Butter pizza crust, and place on baking sheet. Spoon half the peach mixture over crust. Sprinkle with half the almonds. Top with ricotta cheese mixture, and spoon remaining peach mixture over top. Sprinkle evenly with remaining almonds.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven, garnish with strawberries and serve.
- Calories: 445
- Carbohydrate Content: 62 g
- Cholesterol Content: 38 mg
- Fat Content: 17 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6 g
- Sodium Content: 460 mg
- Sugar Content: 37 g