The hot, slightly charred tortilla warms and melts the peanut butter, creating the ultimate in satisfying, oozing deliciousness. In place of a sugar-laden jelly, this wrap features a homemade quick jam of fresh strawberries and a touch of agave. You could sub sliced apples or bananas for the jam.
- 8 oz. fresh strawberries, hulled
- 3 Tbs. agave nectar
- 4 8-inch whole-wheat tortillas, warmed
- 8 Tbs. crunchy or creamy all-natural peanut butter
1. Combine strawberries and agave in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat, and cook 5 to 10 minutes, or until strawberries soften and juices thicken, stirring gently and often. Cool slightly.
2. Working with 1 tortilla at a time, warm tortillas directly over flames of gas burner until they are heated through and slightly charred but still pliable, moving them around on burner to ensure they cook evenly, about 20 seconds per side. Spoon 2 Tbs. peanut butter down center of each tortilla. Spoon strawberry jam over peanut butter. Roll up tortillas, leaving one end open.
- Calories: 395
- Carbohydrate Content: 45 g
- Fat Content: 19 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 291 mg
- Sugar Content: 18 g