These sandwich cookies are held together by a rich (and ridiculously easy) chocolate filling.
- 2 cups smooth natural-style peanut butter
- 4 oz. Earth Balance margarine (1 stick)
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated cane sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plain soymilk or almond milk
- 3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup roasted unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut creamer or soy creamer
- 8 oz. vegan chocolate chips (1 1/4 cups)
1. To make Cookies: Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper, or coat with cooking spray.
2. Cream peanut butter, margarine, brown sugar, cane sugar, and vanilla 2 to 3 minutes with electric mixer, or until smooth. Beat in soymilk and 1/4 cup water.
3. Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and peanuts in separate bowl. Add flour mixture to peanut butter mixture, and beat just until dough forms.
4. Scoop 1 Tbs. dough onto prepared baking sheets 2 to 3 inches apart. Make crisscross pattern on top of each Cookie by pressing down with fork. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until edges of Cookies begin to brown. Cool on baking sheet.
5. To make Filling: Heat creamer in top half of double boiler over medium heat until steaming. Pour hot creamer over chocolate chips in bowl, and let stand 30 seconds. Mix creamer and chocolate with wooden spoon until chocolate is melted, then whisk until smooth.
6. Spread 2 tsp. Filling on flat sides of 24 Cookies. Top with remaining Cookies.
- Calories: 344
- Carbohydrate Content: 38 g
- Fat Content: 18 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 304 mg
- Sugar Content: 18 g