Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Stuffed okra is a traditional Indian finger food that packs bold flavor. Look for medium to large okra pods, which are easier to fill.
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat large baking sheet with cooking spray, or line with parchment paper.
2. Slice tops off okra. Use paring knife to split okra pods nearly in half lengthwise, leaving tip and one side intact. Pry pods open with fingers—be careful not to tear them.
3. Pulse peanuts, onion, garlic, ginger, jalapeño, cumin, coriander, and salt in food processor until very finely chopped.
4. Use fingers or small spoon to fill okra pods with peanut mixture. Place on baking sheet, and spray with cooking spray. Bake 13 to 15 minutes, or until okra has softened and filling begins to brown. Serve hot.
- Calories 177
- Carbohydrate Content 12 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 202 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g