Canned pears are already tender, so this crumble only needs to bake until the juices bubble, cutting the cooking time to less than half that of making this dessert with fresh fruit.
- 2 29-oz. cans pear halves in heavy syrup
- 3 Tbs. diced crystallized ginger
- 5 Tbs. unsalted butter, melted
- 10 oz. (about 40) gingersnap cookies
- 3 Tbs. dark brown sugar
- 1 pint low-fat vanilla ice cream
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Coat 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray, and set aside.
2. Drain all but 1/3 cup syrup from canned pears. Cut pears into large chunks. Toss pears, reserved 1/3 cup of syrup, ginger and 1 Tbs. butter in prepared baking dish.
3. Pulse cookies in food processor until coarsely crumbled. Add sugar and remaining 4 Tbs. butter, and pulse to blend. Sprinkle cookie mixture over pears. Bake 18 minutes, or until juices bubble. Spoon into bowls, top with dollop of ice cream, and serve.
- Calories: 408
- Carbohydrate Content: 73 g
- Cholesterol Content: 21 mg
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 249 mg
- Sugar Content: 52 g