Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Canned pears are already tender, so this crumble only needs to bake until the juices bubble, cutting the cooking time to less than half that of making this dessert with fresh fruit.
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Coat 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray, and set aside.
2. Drain all but 1/3 cup syrup from canned pears. Cut pears into large chunks. Toss pears, reserved 1/3 cup of syrup, ginger and 1 Tbs. butter in prepared baking dish.
3. Pulse cookies in food processor until coarsely crumbled. Add sugar and remaining 4 Tbs. butter, and pulse to blend. Sprinkle cookie mixture over pears. Bake 18 minutes, or until juices bubble. Spoon into bowls, top with dollop of ice cream, and serve.
- Calories 408
- Carbohydrate Content 73 g
- Cholesterol Content 21 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 249 mg
- Sugar Content 52 g