The French love to assemble single-serving desserts in glasses, and this easy Charlotte makes for an elegant treat. Dried lavender teases floral notes out of the pears.
- 3/4 tsp. dried lavender flowers
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup plain reduced-fat Greek-style yogurt
- 1 lb. ripe pears (3 medium), peeled, cored, and quartered
- 18 ladyfinger cookies (about 5.3 oz.), halved
1. Set out six 5-oz. glasses for filling.
2. Finely grind lavender with 3/4 tsp. sugar using mortar and pestle. Stir into yogurt, and set aside.
3. Bring remaining sugar and 1 1/2 cups water to a simmer in medium saucepan. Add pears, and simmer 2 minutes. Lift pears from syrup with slotted spoon, reserving syrup. Dice pears. Divide into six portions on cutting board.
4. To assemble Charlottes: Dip ladyfinger halves briefly in syrup, plain side down, and arrange in glasses, placing 1 piece flat in bottom of each glass, and standing 4 pieces around sides of each glass (plain side facing inward). Scoop 1 Tbs. yogurt in center of each serving, top with one-sixth of pears, 1-Tbs. dollop yogurt, and 1 more dipped ladyfinger half, plain side down.
5. Chill Charlottes 2 hours, or overnight. Remove from refrigerator 20 minutes before serving.
- Calories: 214
- Carbohydrate Content: 43 g
- Cholesterol Content: 57 mg
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 47 mg
- Sugar Content: 25 g