Substitute pomegranate or grape juice for the port and red wine if you want to make this sophisticated gravy recipe sans alcohol.
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 cup chopped leek (white and pale green parts)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 Tbs. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups Rich Vegetable Broth
- 1 cup vegan tawny port
- 1 cup organic pear juice
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 1/2 tsp. tomato paste
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add leek, garlic, and rosemary. Sauté 3 minutes, or until leek softens. Sprinkle flour over leek. Stir 3 to 4 minutes, or until flour starts to color.
2. Add Rich Vegetable Broth and remaining ingredients, and bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 50 to 60 minutes, or until gravy is reduced to about 1 2/3 cups, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Calories: 137
- Carbohydrate Content: 15 g
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 0.5 g
- Protein Content: 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 85 mg
- Sugar Content: 9 g