Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
The sauce here is the sort of fusion you might expect if a Southeast Asian peanut sauce met a Middle Eastern tahini in Japan.
1. Bring 2 cups water to a boil. Add quinoa, cover, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 20 minutes, or until all water is absorbed. Remove from heat, and let stand 5 minutes.
2. Whisk together almond butter, lemon juice, miso, ginger, and garlic. Whisk in 1/3 cup water. Set aside.
3. Heat wok over high heat, until water droplets evaporate within 1 second. Add oil, and swirl to coat wok. Add tempeh, and stir-fry 2 minutes. Add carrots, and stir-fry 2 minutes. Add sugar snap peas, and stir-fry 1 minute. Remove from heat.
4. Fluff quinoa with fork, top with vegetables, and drizzle with miso-almond mixture.
- Calories 448
- Carbohydrate Content 52 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 17 g
- Fiber Content 13 g
- Protein Content 24 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 256 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g