Penne is a good pasta choice with pesto because the sauce gets into the grooves on the medium-size tubes.
- 3 yellow squash, quartered and sliced 1/2-inch-thick
- 3 zucchini, quartered and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 6 oz. penne or other medium-size pasta (11/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup Dark Leafy Pesto
1 | Preheat oven to 425°F. Toss yellow squash and zucchini with oil, and spread on one or two large baking sheets. Roast 20 to 25 minutes, or until vegetables are browned, tossing once or twice.
2 | Meanwhile, cook penne according to package directions. Drain, and reserve 1/4 cup cooking water.
3 | Toss penne with pesto and reserved pasta cooking water. Divide among bowls, and top with squash.
- Calories: 222
- Carbohydrate Content: 28 g
- Cholesterol Content: 0.5 mg
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 25 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g