Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
- Purée cilantro, 1/2 cup corn, cream, garlic, and 1/2 tsp. cumin in mini food processor. Set aside.
- Cook penne in large pot of boiling salted water according to package directions. Drain, reserving 3/4 cup cooking liquid.
- Heat oil in large skillet over high heat. Add chiles and onion, and cook 10 minutes, or until onion browns. Stir in remaining 1 cup corn and remaining 1 tsp. cumin.
- Add penne and cilantro cream to poblano-onion mixture in skillet, and toss to coat. Add enough reserved cooking liquid by 1/4 cupfuls to moisten. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and sprinkle with queso fresco.
- Calories 402
- Carbohydrate Content 59 g
- Cholesterol Content 32 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 161 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g