Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
A hot relish spooned over mozzarella warms the cheese to melting tenderness. Try the recipe with brothy soups such as minestrone or kale and white bean.
1. Cut small X on bottom of each tomato, and place in bowl. Cover with boiling water, and let stand 1 minute. Drain, then peel and chop tomatoes.
2. Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, roasted red peppers, honey, rosemary, bay leaf, and tomatoes. Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 10 minutes.
3. Place 2 slices mozzarella on each slice of toasted bread. Top each with 1/4 cup warm peperonata mixture.
- Calories 261
- Carbohydrate Content 28 g
- Cholesterol Content 30 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 538 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g