Packed with immune-enhancing vitamins to help speed recovery from colds and flu, this colorful and savory stew is laced with lots of fiery pepper. Serve with steamed greens and whole-grain rolls.
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cubed fresh pumpkin
- 1 cup cubed potato, unpeeled
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. ground white pepper
- 3 cups vegetable stock or canned broth
- 1 cup peas, fresh or frozen, thawed
1. In large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, until onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
2. Add pumpkin, potato, salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes and white pepper, and toss to coat with oil. Stir in stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until pumpkin and potato are tender, about 20 minutes. Add peas and cook just until peas are tender, about 5 minutes. Serve hot.
- Calories: 156
- Carbohydrate Content: 27 g
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 80 mg