Don’t toss the seeds! Follow these simple steps, then use them to jazz up salads, soups, and stews. Stored in an airtight container, they’ll stay fresh up to a week.
- 1 Tbs. plus (optional) 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 cups cleaned pumpkin seeds
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. spice or spice blend (such as chili powder, curry powder, seafood seasoning, garam masala, etc.), optional
1. Bring 1 Tbs. salt and 4 cups water to a boil. Add pumpkin seeds, and boil 10 minutes. Drain, and spread on paper-towel-lined plate or baking sheet to dry and cool.
2. Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss pumpkin seeds with oil and spice (if using) in large bowl, and season with 1/4 tsp. salt, if using. Spread in single layer on baking sheet, and bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until crisp and golden, stirring occasionally. Cool before serving.
- Calories: 81
- Carbohydrate Content: 9 g
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 76 mg