Use these fragrant tomatoes fresh out of the oven, or store in a sealed container in the refrigerator up to a week. Don’t forget to include the sweet roasting juices.
- 2 lb. plum tomatoes, cored and halved crosswise
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 4 fresh sage leaves, chopped (1 tsp.)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Place tomatoes cut-side down on parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush lightly with oil, and sprinkle with salt, pepper, sage, and thyme. Roast in oven until tomato skins are blistered and flesh is very soft, about 45 minutes, then remove from oven, and set aside to cool.
3. When tomatoes are cool enough to handle, try removing their skins (if they slip off easily, remove them; otherwise leave them on).
- Calories: 68
- Carbohydrate Content: 8 g
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 301 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g