Persimmons stand in for tomatoes and avocados take the place of mozzarella in this Asian take on a classic Italian appetizer. Use a serrated or ceramic knife to slice the persimmons—straight-bladed steel knives can have a hard time cutting through the skin and tender flesh.
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Fuyu or Hachiya persimmons, sliced
- 1 avocado, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 1 green onion, trimmed and thinly sliced
1. Whisk together sesame oil and soy sauce in small bowl. Set aside.
2. Arrange persimmon and avocado slices in overlapping pattern on serving plates. Drizzle with sesame oil mixture, and sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onion.
- Calories: 140
- Carbohydrate Content: 19 g
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 71 mg
- Sugar Content: 11 g