The sweetness of persimmons plays off the saltiness of blue cheese in this fast appetizer or light lunch.
- 4 8-inch whole-grain tortillas
- 4 oz. soft blue cheese, such as Gorgonzola
- 2 ripe Hachiya persimmons, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup coarsely chopped watercress
1. Spread each tortilla with 1 oz. blue cheese. Divide chopped persimmons among tortillas. Arrange 1/4 cup watercress over persimmons, and fold tortillas.
2. Heat large skillet over medium heat. Place 2 quesadillas in skillet, and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until crisp. Repeat with remaining quesadillas. Transfer quesadillas to cutting board, and cut into wedges with sharp knife or pizza cutter.
- Calories: 291
- Carbohydrate Content: 39 g
- Cholesterol Content: 25 mg
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7 g
- Sodium Content: 709 mg
- Sugar Content: 11 g