Practically the whole garden goes into these fresh-tasting wraps. Feel free to substitute or add other favorite diced vegetables. Both the flavor and texture are improved by making this ahead and chilling it thoroughly before serving.
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes (dry-packed)
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3 Tbs. prepared pesto
- 1/2 medium green or red bell pepper, finely diced
- 3 radishes, finely diced
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 Tbs. minced red onion
- 1 1/2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 6 (9- to 10-inch) flour tortillas
- 4 cups loosely packed mesclun (baby salad greens) or other salad greens
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
In small bowl, combine sun-dried tomatoes and enough boiling water to cover. Let stand 30 minutes. Drain well, then chop coarsely.
In medium bowl, combine chopped tomatoes, cottage cheese, ricotta, pesto, bell pepper, radishes, celery, parsley, onion, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
In large skillet, warm each tortilla over medium heat just until soft and flexible, about 1 minute per side. Place row of greens down center of each tortilla. Top with tomato slices, overlapping slightly; season lightly with salt and pepper. Spoon pesto-cheese mixture over tomatoes, dividing equally. Fold bottom end of tortilla partially over filling, then roll into a bundle and serve.
- Calories: 361
- Carbohydrate Content: 42 g
- Cholesterol Content: 15 mg
- Fat Content: 13 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 19 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 864 mg