These fun little flatbreads are a nice change of pace from pizza. All you need to do is crisp up store-bought flatbreads in a hot skillet and you are ready to add your own luscious toppings.
Choose flatbreads no larger than about 8 inches in diameter so they can fit in a standard skillet. You can use small partially-baked pizza crusts, sturdy pita breads, or even Indian breads.
- 4 flatbreads (mini pizza crusts, pita, naan, etc.)
- 1 cup hummus or vegan pesto, or as needed
- Two big handfuls of baby arugula or spinach leaves, or as needed
- 1/2 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, sliced
1. Heat a medium-size skillet. Grill one flatbread at a time over medium heat, until golden brown on both sides.
2. Remove from the heat and spread the flatbread with about 1/4 cup of hummus or pesto, or enough to cover generously. Cut into quarters and sprinkle with some of the arugula, cherry tomatoes, and olives. Repeat with the remaining flatbreads.
Reprinted with permission from 5-Ingredient Vegan © 2019 by Nava Atlas, Sterling Publishing Co., Inc.