Summers flavors in midwinterthats one way to warm up suppertime. Pass a salad with tart greens such as baby spinach or dandelion greens. A chocolate custard or pudding would be a happy ending.
- 2 Tbs. olive oil, or more as needed
- 1 lb. baby Yukon gold potatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 15.5-oz. can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbs. minced garlic
- 1/2 lb. green beans
- 2 tsp. pesto
Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Sauté potatoes and onion about 10 minutes, or until potatoes start to soften and turn golden.
Add cannellini beans, garlic and green beans, and sauté 2 minutes more. Cover skillet, and cook 5 minutes more. Uncover, stir in pesto and cook about 2 minutes more. Remove from heat, garnish with basil and serve.
- Calories: 330
- Carbohydrate Content: 53 g
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 11 g
- Protein Content: 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 20 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g