A taste of Italy! This recipe was developed using pesto paste that comes in a tube and happens to be vegan. It’s a great ingredient to keep on hand, because it stays fresh in the fridge for a long time.
- 8 oz. thinly sliced cremini mushrooms (2 cups)
- 1 12-oz. pkg. extra-firm tofu, drained and broken into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 medium tomato, roughly chopped (1 cup)
- 2 Tbs. pesto paste, such as Amore
1. Coat large skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium-high heat. Sauté mushrooms in skillet 5 minutes, or until browned. Transfer to plate. Wipe out pan, and coat with cooking spray.
2. Add tofu to pan, and scramble 10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Sprinkle in turmeric, and add chopped tomato and pesto. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and cook 3 minutes, or until scramble is heated through.
- Calories: 133
- Carbohydrate Content: 6 g
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 158 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g