There's nothing fishy about this combination of beans, corn, and peppers. The easy-to-make gem gets better as it marinates in its sweet-'n'-spicy dressing.
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 Tbs. sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-oz. can pinto beans or black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 red, yellow, or orange bell pepper, finely chopped (1 cup)
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 2-oz. can diced green chiles with liquid
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1. Whisk together vinegar, oil, sugar, garlic, oregano, and basil in large bowl.
2. Stir in black and pinto beans, corn, bell pepper, onion, chiles, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
- Calories: 189
- Carbohydrate Content: 25 g
- Fat Content: 7.5 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 433 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g