Pimiento Cheese Panini
Pimiento cheese, a Southern favorite, travels west here with the addition of cumin and chili powder.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 8 oz. grated reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 4-oz. jar diced pimientos, drained
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 12 slices pumpernickel sandwich bread
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
1. Stir together Cheddar, mayonnaise, pimientos, cumin, chili powder, and cayenne in bowl. Spread cheese mixture on 6 slices bread; top with zucchini and remaining bread slices.
2. Spray panini with cooking spray. Coat skillet or grill pan with cooking spray, and heat over medium heat. Place panini in pan; weight with smaller-diameter saucepan weighted with 2 cans. Cook 2 minutes. Flip, replace weight, and cook 2 minutes more. (Or cook 4 minutes in panini maker.)
- Serving Size 1 sandwich
- Calories 302
- Carbohydrate Content 35 g
- Cholesterol Content 28 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content 7 g
- Sodium Content 873 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g