Desserts don't get faster or easier than this: Frozen fruit plus a food processor equal a refreshing sorbet.
- 1/3 cup coconut chips or flaked coconut, optional
- 1 16-oz. pkg. unsweetened frozen pineapple chunks (3 cups)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light unsweetened coconut milk, chilled
- 2 Tbs. lime juice
1. Preheat oven to 300°F if using coconut chips. Spread on small baking sheet, and toast 5 to 10 minutes, or until light golden, stirring occasionally. Cool, and store in airtight container.
2. Pulse pineapple and sugar in food processor until finely chopped. Combine coconut milk and lime juice in small bowl. Pour coconut milk mixture gradually through feed tube, with machine running. Process until smooth and creamy, stopping once or twice to scrape down bowl.
3. Serve sorbet, garnished with coconut chips if desired. To store, transfer to airtight container, and freeze. Place in refrigerator 30 minutes before serving to soften slightly, or microwave at low (20%) power, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Calories: 107
- Carbohydrate Content: 19 g
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 4 mg
- Sugar Content: 16 g