Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Toss together a fruit and veggie mix that’s more love potion than salad. Vitamin C–packed pineapple is said to help counter impotence, fennel is a natural plant estrogen, and spicy radishes are reputed to have been the Egyptian pharaohs’ stimulator of choice. The dressing makes the mixture even more alluring: ginger’s warming qualities rev circulation. And sesame seeds are rich in arginine, an amino acid the sex organs need to produce nitric oxide, which expands blood vessels to enhance blood flow.
1. To make Dressing: Whisk together lemon juice, honey, and ginger in small bowl. Whisk in oil, then sesame seeds. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
2. To make Salad: Toss fennel, pineapple, radishes, and green onions with Dressing in large bowl. (Salad can be made ahead to this point, and refrigerated overnight.) Stir in avocado, and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
3. Divide arugula among serving plates. Top with pineapple mixture.
- Calories 109
- Carbohydrate Content 10 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 20 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g