To turn this sweet-and-spicy cooler into a cocktail, add a shot of rum to the bottom of each glass and stir well. Don’t forget to break out the drink umbrellas.
- 4 cups fresh pineapple cubes
- 2 Tbs. minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup light coconut milk, optional
- 2 1/2 Tbs. lime juice
- 2 Tbs. pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. ground cardamom or allspice
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper, optional
- 4 1/2-inch-thick pineapple rings and/or lime wedges, for garnish
1. Purée pineapple cubes, ginger, and 1/2 cup water in blender until smooth. Strain through fine-meshed strainer into bowl, stirring with spoon to extract as much liquid as possible. Discard pulp, and return liquid to blender.
2. Add coconut milk (if using), lime juice, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, cardamom, and cayenne (if using) to blender; blend until smooth. Serve over ice, and garnish with pineapple rings and/or lime wedges.
- Calories: 116
- Carbohydrate Content: 30 g
- Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Protein Content: 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 3 mg
- Sugar Content: 23 g